7 Jan 2012

S.E.D.J. Day 7 - Tolworth Bowl Sunshine Session



The world is turning upside down, it's official.  How can I be so sure?  Here's how... when my neighbour, David, and I arrived at the Tolworth bowl we were less than pleased to find the place being used by four little kids on micro-scoots.  Nice enough kids if you overlook the diabolical choice of past-time, so obviously I started winding them up about needing to graduate to skateboards and here's what they said back:

"If any any of our mates saw us riding a skateboard they'd never stop taking the piss"... WHAT!!  No kid, you've got that the wrong way round!   This kid was implying that there was more street cred in riding a bloody micro-scoot-thing.. like I said... upside-down.

Bowlworth!

By the time I'd picked myself off the floor and pulled myself together after hearing such madness David had already started to get acquainted with the bowl.  Next thing you know Jeremy arrived and all of a sudden you've got enough of us there skating that the kids and their contraptions disappear,  leaving us with an empty bowl for an hour or so.

Jeremy with a Rock'n'Roll in the capsule.

David has always been more of a street skater so toward the end of the session our attention turned to the block that's tucked away by the path into the park, I've always thought that was a nice touch.  I opted for camera duty rather than getting all tech on the ledge.

One of David's solid nose slides.

This wasn't the longest session but definitely a fun one. I've always liked Tolworth - it's close to home, it's normally quiet and it's got pool coping.  I was lucky again to have two friends to skate with and weather that was more like April than January. Not a bad way to round off week 1 of Skate Every Day in January.

Jeremy going up and over to 50-50.

Tomorrow is Day 8, the first day of the second week of S.E.D.J. and this time it's street spots.  The plan is to meet at 11 am on Westminster bridge with board and bicycle and start seeking out all those spots we should be skating in this amazing city. If you fancy it, you know where we'll be.

[LIALC]

No comments:

Post a Comment