12 Jan 2012

S.E.D.J. Day 12 - Stockwell Lunch-Break Smash'n'Grab


I can feel it coming.  Impending doom, or at least doom laden skies... of course when I say doom I mean rain.

The first couple of days of this Skate Every Day in January were characterized by rain and puddles but since then, and boy does that seem a long time ago, we've had unseasonably dry weather.  Being British I know instinctively that this can't last but just for today I got away with it again.

God knows how many hours of my life I have spent at Stockwell over the years. When I used to live about 200 yards away I was living the dream and nipping over to the park to skate for an hour was all too easy.  Now that I live a good 10 mile cycle ride away skating for less than three just doesn't make sense so today has to go down as my shortest ever skate at Stockwell... half an hour precisely.

Even for such a flying visit I was lucky enough to find three Stockwell stalwarts.  James, Adrian and Jack were all there to guarantee I didn't skate alone.  I'm pretty sure James was unaware of S.E.D.J. but hey, I'm not proud.


James was on great form, flying around the park like a man posessed.  Adrian is back on his board after a 6 month lay-off, I didn't get chance to ask him what's new with his Done Video project, hopefully I'll see him to ask before another six months is up.



Jack was sporting his new knee brace. Not only does it make him look like some sort of robo-law-enforcement-android agent but apparently he's not quite adjusted to the extra width that the brace gives his leg and has been injuring people who come within striking distance, as well as destroying furniture and door frames wherever he goes. He made me feel a lot better about my ever present ankle brace.


Before I knew it my time was up and I had to drag myself away.  It's this bit that's going to push me to the edge you know.  Leaving these guys to enjoy the rest of the afternoon at my favorite skatepark is an unholy curse: and all the worse for being self inflicted... Aaah God what have I done!?!




I'm sure I'll get over it.  So that was Day 12.  Half an hour at a world class skatepark with three mates. Nice.

And now for Day 13, another South London lunch-time mission, Clapham Common.  This is an all new park that I have yet to skate, so should be interesting with only half an hour to sample it's delights.  If your about,  I'll be there from 1.15.

[LIALC]

No comments:

Post a Comment