23 Jan 2012

S.E.D.J. Day 22 - South London Street Skating Eutopia.

SEDJ banner Logo Lizard in a lab coat [LIALC]


I don't see myself as a worrier.  I'm generally pretty good at figuring out the stuff that is out of my control and letting fate or the universe or whatever, sort things out.  Planning where to skate over the last three weeks has affected my sleep, being able to squeeze in the lunch-time skates has definitely affected my heart rate and blood pressure.  Now that I'm only 9 nine days away from the end of Skate Every Day in January I was starting to get a bit obsessive. As with many things in life, sometimes things just happen for a reason. Like today.

We had no real plan other than meet up at Elephant and Castle and go find some street spots. On my ride to E&C the sky looked a little dark and for a split second I thought rain was going to stop play but that feeling passed.  As soon as I hooked up with Adam, Ivan, Jamie, Alex and Martyn, any stress-head tendencies disappeared and all I had to worry about was staying on my board, shooting some crappy photos, missing Alex's make on his blunt-slide transfer to grind while on filming duty and laughing a lot.

SEDJ Martyn Thomas Wallride Lizard in a lab coat [LIALC]
Martyn going high at E&C wall.

SEDJ Daih Wallride Lizard in a lab coat [LIALC]
Ivan got the grind, but preferred this shot.

SEDJ Alex Irvine bluntslide Transfer Lizard in a lab coat [LIALC]
This was the second time Alex made this bluntslide-transfer to 5-0 down the corner.

SEDJ Chilling at the green bank spot Logo Lizard in a lab coat [LIALC]
Refreshment break.

SEDJ Johners goofing at the green bank spot Logo Lizard in a lab coat [LIALC]
I don't really know what to say about this shot.

SEDJ johners frontsside bluntslide transfer Lizard in a lab coat [LIALC]
Johners' frontside bluntslide transfer close-up.

SEDJ Alex Irvine wallie Lizard in a lab coat [LIALC]
Alex Wallies over.

SEDJ martyn thomas planker Lizard in a lab coat [LIALC]
Work continues on Jamie's Planking Documentary.

SEDJ Johners Front-Rock pop-out Lizard in a lab coat [LIALC]
Johners styling out his Front-Rock pop-out.

SEDJ Martyn Thomas Front boardslide Lizard in a lab coat [LIALC]
A blurry compact digital shot of Martyn's Front board.

SEDJ green bank spot Lizard in a lab coat [LIALC]

SEDJ green bank spot Lizard in a lab coat [LIALC]

SEDJ green bank spot Lizard in a lab coat [LIALC]


You don't need a blow by blow account of what happened.  It's getting late, I'm completely done-in and writing this is sapping the very last remnants of energy from my brain.  Let's just say that Day 22 raised the bar.  Skating a real street spot that was so much more fun than it originally suggested and doing it with some of the best people out there.

Day 23 is going back to Stockwell.  It's an after work visit this time, from 6.30pm to 7.30pm. If you are around I'll hopefully see you there.

[LIALC]

No comments:

Post a Comment